Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Kiss Me in the Rain by Lindzee Armstrong {Review}

Kiss Me in the Rain (A Destined for Love Romance: Mansions) by Lindzee Armstrong
Publication: September 19th 2017  

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35617860-kiss-me-in-the-rain?ac=1&from_search=true


Will she risk the home she treasures for the man she loves?

Cypress Grove has always been a treasured constant in Layla's perfect life. Now the mansion will be sold to the highest bidder if she doesn’t date an investor's son. The problem? The man she really wants just rolled into town.

Tyler is done being responsible and never going after what he wants. Layla's finally given him the courage to quit grad school and use his student loans to flip houses. And he's decided to move near Cypress Grove to do it.

When Layla happens upon suspicious ledgers at the mansion, her family's financial woes take a sinister turn. As Tyler and Layla work together to find the culprit, the attraction between them threatens to burst into flames. But admitting their feelings could spell disaster for Cypress Grove.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My Review: 4.5 Stars 

I haven't ever been to the South, but I can sure picture the beautiful and historic mansions that dot the landscape and Armstrong does a really good job of bringing my visualizations to life. I especially enjoyed learning more about Tyler's house project because I can't look at something and picture the potential, so it's fun when others can do that.

Layla and Tyler are secondary characters in Armstrong's offering in the Destined for Love Romance: Europe set, but I think this story can stand on its own if you haven't read that one yet. Tyler and Layla had a connection in Europe, but he feels she's way out of his league and when he decides he's all in, he discovers that she's got a new boyfriend. Little does he know, it's a relationship of convenience.

I love the way this author uses mystery, suspense, and danger to balance out the romance, taking the plot to a deeper level. Don't get me wrong--the romance and sparks are definitely still there, but the characters are forced to connect in other ways. I loved watching it all unfold and although some parts a little predictable, there are still plenty of surprise twists. This story is a great start to this new set and I can't wait for the others!

Content: mild romance (kissing).

*I received a copy which didn't influence my opinion in any way. All thoughts are my own.*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Buy Link:

http://amzn.to/2gZfZN9

No comments:

Post a Comment