Monday, March 19, 2018

Tiger's Dream (The Tiger Saga Book 5) by Colleen Houck {Review}

Tiger's Dream (The Tiger Saga Book 5)
by Colleen Houck
ebook, 806 pages
Expected publication: March 20th 2018
Source: I received a copy from the publisher through Netgalley, which had no affect on my opinion.
 http://amzn.to/2G0gIMB  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12474623-tiger-s-dream?ac=1&from_search=true
A tiger left behind.

A goddess in need of an ally.

Stranded in a time and place he never wished for, Kishan Rajaram must carry out his destiny of assisting the beautiful yet extremely irritable goddess Durga. This daunting task is not made easy by the fact that he must also face the truth about the girl he loves and the brother who stole her away.

When the wily shaman Phet appears and tells Kishan that Kelsey needs him, he jumps at the chance to see her again. In his efforts to save her, Kishan discovers that the curse he thought was over is just beginning. As time unravels around him, Kishan realizes that the fates of all those he holds dear lie in hands.

The goddess’s power hangs in the balance. Kishan has no choice but to sacrifice the unthinkable to fight the dark forces swirling around the woman he’s charged to protect. As he does, he discovers that love and loyalty create their own magic and accepts that he must decide his destiny once and for all.

Tiger’s Dream is the conclusion to the epic Tiger’s Curse fantasy romance series that left you breathless.
My Review: 4 Stars

I have loved this series so much and although Kishan didn't get his happily ever after, I felt like the story was complete. I can't say how excited I was for Kishan to hopefully find his happy, but I was a little surprised about the process it took to get there.

I loved getting to know the goddess Durga better. Also known as Anamika (or Ana or Mika), her story is fascinating, heart breaking, and gripping and learning of her past really helped me grow to adore her on a more human level. Of course, I've loved Kishan all along, but his journey rooted him into my heart even more and with a deeper admiration.

I guess I should touch on my issue. I thought that most things were wrapped up and I didn't always like going back in time to relive situations, especially with this book being over 800 pages long. If things worked out with other characters, why mess with it? Outcomes were twisted or shown again from slightly different perspectives as Ana and Kishan worked to create their own destinies. There were moments when I wanted all of that past to be left alone and a new story to emerge. There were questions answered that I didn't know that I had. Very interesting, but I could have done without some of it, as parts felt like I was re-reading other books. 
Content: mild romance (implied sexual abuse, kissing, slave trading); mild violence
  

No comments:

Post a Comment