Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Taking a Chance by Becky Monson {Review}

Taking a Chance by Becky Monson
Kindle Edition, 52 pages
Published November 16th 2016 
 
 http://amzn.to/2oSMXDJ  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33002498-taking-a-chance?ac=1&from_search=true
 
TAKING A CHANCE is a fun romantic comedy novella!

Liza Parker has a fear of heights, crowds and small spaces. So what’s a girl like her doing on a crowded elevator going to the top of the Empire State Building? Freaking out, that’s what she’s doing.

Enter Jay Sanders, a tourist who thinks he might be able to help Liza face her fears, but she has to be willing to spend the day with a complete stranger. Maybe taking a chance on Jay is just what Liza needs.

**This novella is approximately 15,000 words**
  

My Review: 5 Stars
 
See how many pages are in this book? That right there scared me a little bit because it's very tricky to get a full story out in just 52 pages. I'm usually left wanting for more, but guess what?! I was totally surprised to find myself laughing, tearing up, and swooning in this short, but sweet, romantic comedy. I felt like the story was complete and I finished feeling satisfied.
 
We're basically given a funny/punny guy, a nervous and fearful girl, and lots of elevators in NYC. What are the chances (haha) that things would work out for such a perfect day with that combination? Well, let me tell you that this one is perfect for a little snippet of an escape and I loved the wit, humor, sparks, connections, characters, and overall story line. Yes, this is a pretty instant attraction, but it's not the insta-love that has people rolling their eyes. I could feel the attraction and the butterfly feeling in the pit of my stomach, with endless possibilities on the horizon. Becky Monson has a talent for telling a tale!
 
Content: very mild language; mild romance
 

No comments:

Post a Comment