Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Book Review: The Elite (Selection book 2) by Kiera Cass

****--4 Stars
Publication: April 2013
Pages: 323
Description: Kiera Cass’s The Elite is a must-read for fans of dystopian fiction, fairy tales, and reality TV. This sequel to The Selection will enchant teens who love Divergent and The Bachelor.

In America Singer’s world, a bride is chosen for the prince through an elaborate televised competition. In the second book of the Selection series, America is one of only six girls left in the running. But is it Prince Maxon—and life as the queen—she wants? Or is it Aspen, her first love?

The Elite delivers the adventure, glamour, political intrigue, and romance readers of The Selection expect, and continues the love triangle that captivated them.


My Review: I'm assuming this will be a trilogy series and for me, the 2nd book in a trilogy is often what I call a "bridge book." Nothing much happens but the things that do are essential for the story to connect the exciting book one and the ending in book 3. This book totally blew my theory out of the water!! I was completely captivated and had no idea where the story would lead. I was shocked in places and dreamy-eyed in others. I was amazed at how much feeling this story evoked. I am also completely torn on who to cheer on in this messed up love triangle!!

America. Good grief, girl!! Make up your mind about who you want!! She is only 16 or 17, so she can be given some leeway in her fickleness, but it's making me crazy.

Maxon. I absolutely loved him...until about 1/4 of the way through. I wasn't happy with him at all, but I guess, in a way, he did redeem himself and I may end up cheering him on after all. I'm still torn.

Aspen. He needs to stop taking risks because he's going to give me a heart attack with all his sneaking around.

Anyway...I really, really liked this book and can't wait to see what's going to happen next. I am going to go crazy waiting for the next book to come out.

Content: some language; some violence; some kissing. Nothing too graphic.

To buy it on amazon, click  here.

No comments:

Post a Comment