Thursday, August 17, 2017

Waves of Summer by Tammy L. Gray {Review}



Waves of Summer by Tammy L. Gray
Kindle Edition, 87 pages
Published November 2nd 2015

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27426940-waves-of-summer?from_search=true

A sweet, opposites attract, coming-of-age romance full of laughter, secrets and two very cute brothers.

Sydney Andrews wants nothing more than to get away from a controlling ex-boyfriend, find some clarity and enjoy a drama-free vacation. But nothing in Sydney's life is ever that easy. Especially when the sexy bartender she meets at her mother's wedding wants more than just her friendship.

Jacob Massey thought pinch-hitting a bartending gig for his irresponsible older brother would land him some decent tips and much needed space. But the minute Sydney walks up to his bar, Jacob realizes he's getting far more than just a customer. With her biting tongue and pointed accusations, Sydney pinpoints his greatest failure--the relationship with his brother.

Can one summer be enough to right past wrongs, learn buried secrets and find the people they used to be?

***Also included in JUST ONE SUMMER: A ROMANCE NOVELLA COLLECTION***


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* 

My Review: 4 Stars

I absolutely adore the beach and would love for nothing more than to spend an entire summer living in a beach house, so you can probably image that I'm a little jealous of Sydney for doing just that. When her mother remarries for the fourth time, her new stepdad offers her the beach house. A sparky interaction with Jacob isn't what she had in mind, but these opposites can't seem to stay away from each other.

I really enjoyed the way Sydney and Jacob banter with each other. They each have secrets and pasts to work through and the natural progression of these dealings tugged on my heart and thoroughly engaged me. I anticipated the zips of attraction and the ribbing that ensued whenever these two were anywhere near each other. I loved the supporting cast as well.

This was my first story by Ms. Gray and it definitely won't be my last--she's really got a way with words. :)

Content: mild romance

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*




2 comments:

  1. I won a copy of Tammy's book, My Unexpected Hope, and loved it! I will definitely be reading more of her books. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, lucky you!! I definitely need to read more by her.

    ReplyDelete