Thursday, August 3, 2017

Hazel of Heber Valley by Annette Lyon {Review}



Hazel of Heber Valley (A Rocky Mountain Romance)
by Annette Lyon
Kindle Edition, 136 pages
Published July 24th 2017 by Blue Ginger Books 
 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35542461-hazel-of-heber-valley
 
Hazel Adams can’t help but be intrigued when Wyatt Coltrane rides into the sleepy town of Midway. Her childhood friend and one-time beau Nathan, however, keeps getting in the way of any possible relationship, claiming that Coltrane is bad news. Hazel is quite sure that Nathan’s simply jealous and unwilling to see her with another man. When the truth about Coltrane comes out, the revelation shocks both Hazel and Nathan—and will change their lives forever, either pushing them apart, or bringing them together once at for all. Hazel must figure out what her heart truly wants and which is the man who can give those things to her.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
My Review: 4 Stars
 
Sometimes it takes a traumatic experience to make a girl realize what she truly wants and that's just what happens with Hazel. I have a lot of feelings about this one. First of all, it almost had a vibe of "The Music Man," with a new man waltzing into town who bamboozled almost everyone. Secondly, it takes place in Midway and I love the setting. In fact, some of my ancestors were of Swiss descent and settled there, so this story made it easy to visualize the place and time where they lived. Third, I live in this state and love to celebrate Pioneer Day as these characters did, so it just really brought the warm fuzzy feels home for me.   
 
Nathan might seem like a jealous, besotted fool, but I liked him. He's a persistent man who just can't give up hope that someday, he might be with his one true love again--Hazel. She is kind of flighty, but uses that to cover up fears. It seems like she just doesn't want to settle down and make a choice...until she's forced to. Wyatt is a truly great character in ways that I didn't expect. Let's just say I imagine him, at some point, with a long, twirly black mustache. 
 
This is my first book of the series and I'm definitely looking forward to reading the others. It was a light, fun read that brought a bit of enjoyment to a hot, summery day.
 
Content: mild romance and violence (near attack, vague talk of loose morals) 
 
*I received a copy to review, which did not influence my thoughts in any way. All opinions are my own.*
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Buy Link:
 
http://amzn.to/2uWydFV

No comments:

Post a Comment