Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Box and Isabella's Pink Umbrella New York by Yvette Cragun, Alex Smith, and Adrienne Quintana {REVIEWS}



The Box by Yvette Cragun, Illustrated by Alex Smith
Paperback, 32 pages
Published December 2nd 2016 by Pink Umbrella Books LLC


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33777203-the-box


A young boy's adventures begin when he finds a big, empty, cardboard box on his front lawn. Using his active imagination, the box can take him anywhere he wants to go.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My Review: 5 Stars

This book brought back so many childhood memories for me. Why is it that kids have such vivid imaginations? I remember playing make-believe with my siblings and having so much fun with the simplest objects. Ah...to be a kid again...

The illustrations really help bring the story alive, especially for me (as an adult). They're colorful and fun.

In this story, the object that creates hours of entertainment is a box. I remember using a box for some of the same games, as well as for many others. How did you use a box for your creative play as a child?

*I won a copy through a giveaway. All thoughts and opinions are my own.*
 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Buy Link:

http://amzn.to/2iri5Ij



Isabella's Pink Umbrella New York
by Yvette Cragun & Adrienne Quintana
Paperback, 48 pages
CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Published June 4th 2012

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22105415-isabella-s-pink-umbrella-new-york?from_search=true

Isabella experiences the sights of New York on a flying pink umbrella.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My Review: 5 Stars

What would happen if the wind carried your new pink umbrella away...with you still holding it? I love the way this story is told in rhyme, as there's something charming about rhyming children's books.

Isabella has some grand adventures going to New York City on her umbrella. I love how bright and cheerful the pictures are, especially the city images. The story is told in a way that really evokes imagination and I would love to know what dreams kids have after reading this book.

This could be really fun series, with Isabella envisioning other locations. I love that it ends in a way that leaves it up to the reader to dream.

*I won a copy in a giveaway. This in no way affected my review--all thoughts are my own.*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Buy Link:

http://amzn.to/2iXUa03

No comments:

Post a Comment