Monday, October 7, 2013

Book Review: Till Death Do Us Part (Secret Sisters #5) by Tristi Pinkston

April 2013, 245 pages
My Source:  library
*****--5 Stars.

Amazon Blurb: Will Ida Mae survive her own wedding?

When charming, and mostly bald widower, George Gilmore asked Ida Mae Babbitt to marry him, she was surprised and delighted. But now he has made another proposal to hold the wedding in two weeks, while all his children are in
town. Flustered but sure she can handle it with the help of her friends, Ida
Mae agrees.

The plan doesn¹t go over so well with George¹s family, however, and Ida Mae
finds herself the victim of a plot to stop the wedding. At first the
incidents seem like harmless pranks, but they escalate until Ida Mae finds
herself in real danger and in real pain. Bells are ringing, but are they
wedding bells or death knells?

 
My Review: What a sad day!! From what I gather, this series is over and done with. I have really enjoyed the roller coaster ride of getting to know Ida Mae, Tansy, and Arlette. What an unlikely trio--so similar and yet so very different. They really compliment each other well.

This story picks up right where the previous one left off. Ida Mae is engaged and finally meets George's family. I thought it was crazy (and funny) that she had NO idea of who and what George really is. And his "kids"--they were just awful!! I say that because they are grown and successful people who act like a bunch of children. I wish George would have stood up for Ida Mae a little more. He was pretty naive and trusting with his kids.

Ida Mae is so spunky. I love how she just jumps right in and speaks her mind and tries so hard to solve things. I'm going to miss these scrapes that she and her friends find themselves in. She's not one to rest on her laurels, that's for sure.

This story was probably my favorite. I love how things were resolved and wrapped up--a great way to end things. I loved seeing Ren and Eden back into the thick of things. I loved that I couldn't, for the life of me, figure the mystery out. Great job!!

Content: some mild violence and peril; clean. Mentions religious stuff very briefly--no preaching.

To buy this book, click here.

2 comments:

  1. Looks so good! I'm connected with Tristi on Facebook--love her. And I love finding good, clean books to read! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These books are a lot of fun! I love clean stories too. :) I'm always happy to pass them on.

      Delete