Friday, June 30, 2017

So Rare a Gift (Daughters of His Kingdom #3) by Amber Lynn Perry {Review}



So Rare a Gift (Daughters of His Kingdom Book 3)
by Amber Lynn Perry 
Kindle Edition, 329 pages
Published July 3rd 2016 by Liberty Publishing 
 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30859055-so-rare-a-gift
 
Escape is Anna Rone’s only option. Never again will she be trapped in a loveless marriage. A new life in America means safety—and discovering the truth behind her beloved brother’s death. But when she is nearly captured and forced to return to England, her vow to never marry for anything but love is forgotten when she must marry for protection. Perhaps the handsome man she accepts is truly as caring as he seems. If he is not, her future in America is darker than ever before.

Captain Henry Donaldson aided the colonists too many times. And now, the British army intends to make him pay with his life. Without his friends in Sandwich, he would be a dead man. He’s already changed his name, and when the kind, courageous woman he rescued offers to become his bride, he accepts despite the risks. His past taught him that women are not to be trusted and that love can cut deeper than the sword. Only time will reveal if this choice will bring the greatest pain he’s ever known.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
My Review: 5 Stars
 
One of my favorite book tropes is a marriage of convenience, especially when there is a spark of attraction there. Add to that, a hint of danger and the story is very intriguing. 
 
Anna finds herself in an impossible situation and decides to accept the marriage proposal from a kind stranger. Henry has just assumed a new identity for safety purposes, but that doesn't affect who he really is on the inside. I love the bravery shown by each character and the way they gradually come to fan the flames of their mutual attraction. The romance is sweet and tender, yet has a few sparks that at times made me swoon. And I love to swoon! I found myself almost wishing to have been placed in a situation such as this, but I don't think I could handle the peril.
 
This author truly has a talent for telling a tale, while engaging the reader. I honestly haven't read a lot of books set in this time period and felt that I learned some history along with being entertained and I really enjoyed every page. 
 
I'm reading these books out of order, but it doesn't really matter--they can stand alone. The integrity of the characters, as well as the way they handle the precarious situations that they find themselves in makes it worth the time invested in reading this series. 
 
Content: mild+ religious elements; mild+ romance.
 
*I received a copy from the author, which did not affect my review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.*
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Buy Link:
 

2 comments:

  1. Katie!
    Thank you, thank you!! I love that you enjoyed Henry and Anna's story--it holds a special place in my heart! <3 Much love and many smiles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I'm looking forward to reading the others :)

      Delete