Saturday, February 11, 2017

Author's Corner #2

Welcome to our Book Blog Meme hosted by 
Once a month, Author's Corner will feature either a favorite author or new to us author.
We will share the author's bio, one of our favorite books of theirs and a review.
Each of us will be featuring a different author each month,
so there will also be links to each of our posts.

We love finding and sharing amazing authors with others.
We thought this would be the perfect way to share the love,
not only with other bookworms, but with the authors that we absolutely adore!
So... without further adieu... may we present...

Author's Corner! 


My choice this month is....

Cami Checketts

Cami Checketts

Cami Checketts is married and the proud mother of four future WWF champions. Sometimes between being a human horse, cleaning up magic potions, and reading Bernstein Bears, she gets the chance to write fiction.

Cami graduated from Utah State University with a degree in Exercise Science. She and her family live in the beautiful Cache Valley of Northern Utah. During the two months of the year it isn't snowing, she enjoys swimming, biking, running, and water-skiing.

www.camichecketts.com

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I discovered Cami Checketts a few years ago and fell in love with
the way she writes books, especially romantic suspense.
I love her Billionaire Bride Pact series, as well as her
Snow Valley and Echo Ridge anthologies.

I'm going to spotlight one of my favorites:


Single mom, Haley Turnbow, escapes to the tropical Isla del Sol for an ideal vacation with her five-year old. She's planning on lazy beach days, great food, and a happy kid. She doesn't plan on the resident hotel ghost stalking her and the island's fine-looking owner drawing her in with his confident, fun personality.

Cal Johnson is king of his own island, happy and busy. Thoughts of a family are on the horizon, but always seem out of grasp until a beautiful mom and her wild little boy flip his world upside down. He falls in love with both of them. Realizing they're going to leave at the end of their vacation, he does everything in his power to capture Haley's heart.

Haley and Cal may be able to enjoy a vacation romance, but can what they feel translate into the real world? Only a giant leap of trust will give the answer.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My Review: 5 Stars

This Billionaire Bride Pact series has me feeling like I'm sitting in front of a big bowl of deliciousness. As hard as I try, I just can't stop myself from gorging on it. I devour these books and honestly love each and every one of them!

Haley, a strong and capable woman, wins a vacation to the lush and tropical privately owned island of Isla del Sol and takes a much needed break with her adorable and precocious son, Taz. A great first-meet brings Cal, a kind and persistent man, into her life and as much as she wants to let him in, she has baggage and just can't. The personality of Taz, added with the way he's treated by both Cal and his mother, is a complete joy.

As soon as I read the first page, I told my husband I wasn't going to be able to read this one because of the setting. Okay, so I'm kidding, but I love the beach and this setting is ideal and perfect! I'm craving beach time now. I loved the descriptions almost as much as I loved the characters. I was so happy to see some of the previous books characters make a brief appearance.

Cami Checketts always does a fantastic job of weaving a suspenseful angle into her books and I loved the way this one played out. Combine that with a swoony, toe-tingling romance, and I found myself in love--with the book, the writing, the characters, the romance, Cal, and really, the whole package. I'm eagerly awaiting my next binge on this series, so bring it on!

Content: mild romance (kissing); mild violence (talk of rape/assaults, an attack). Clean!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Don't forget to check out Bookworm Nation's post and KJ's Book Nook's post

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Do you have a blog and want to join us for Author's Corner? Then grab the picture and post with us! We will be posting the 2nd Saturday of each month. Make sure you share your link with us so we can check out your favorite authors as well! 

Happy reading my fellow bookworms!

2 comments:

  1. I do enjoy that series, I haven't read all of them yet, but have really enjoyed the ones I have. Great pick this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! This is fun, each choosing different authors. It reminds me of ones that I love and haven't thought about for awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete