Monday, December 28, 2020

A Christmas Spark by Cindy Steele {Review}

A Christmas Spark by Cindy Steele

Kindle Edition, 131 pages
Published December 5th 2020 by Amazon

Source: Kindle Unlimited

 

When my best friend found out I’d be alone over Christmas, she hooked me up with a week stay in her family’s cabin in Idaho. I was on a publishing deadline for my latest book and was really looking forward to a cozy week by the fire, cuddled up in flannel pajamas with my laptop and hot chocolate.

Alone.

So imagine my surprise when I arrived at the cabin during a blizzard, and found it already occupied. By an all too familiar face and a fine pack of chiseled abs. Even though it had been ten years since I’d last seen Chase, he had no problem picking up exactly where we left off.

I had a big problem with it.

It didn’t matter what he threw at me—the old nickname, the teasing, his charming grin, or even those chiseled abs (did I already mention those?), I refused to let him get to me after…the incident. Nope, not me. I was made of stone.

Unfortunately, I’m beginning to understand that when you strike Chase against stone…you get sparks.

Lots of them.

   

My Review: 4 Stars

The Christmas season often puts me in the mood for a sugary sweet and humorous love story and what better treat than being snowed in with your enemy for the holidays?  

This story is such a fun RomCom with a series of mishaps, laughs, swoons, and more. Penny and Chase have a past, but things aren't always as they seem to be and being stuck together helps them uncover their buried secrets and discover what matters. I loved their prickly banter just as much as I adored the undeniable chemistry.

From the festive cover, to the impeccable amount of swoon and romantic tension, this story will hit the holiday sweet spot. This debut author is definitely one to keep an eye on!

Content: mild romance 


No comments:

Post a Comment