Wednesday, January 1, 2020

10 Ways to Survive Christmas with Your Ex by Shari L. Tapscott {Review}

10 Ways to Survive Christmas with Your Ex by Shari L. Tapscott
Kindle Edition, 90 pages
Published November 1st 2019 
Source: Kindle Unlimited
 https://amzn.to/2st0EOR   
Georgia:

There are hundreds of things we know we must never do. For example, we shouldn’t run with scissors or take candy from strangers. But there’s another lesser-known rule, and it’s just as important as the ones you learned as a child: Never, never call your ex-boyfriend when your life is falling apart.

But that’s exactly what I did.

Isaac:

What do you call it when your ex-girlfriend contacts you out of the blue on the very same day her mother invites you over for Christmas? Some would call it fate, others coincidence.

I call it an opportunity. One I’m not going to pass up…    


My Review: 4 Stars

Sometimes when it rains, it pours and that's just what happens to Georgia. Everything that could go wrong in her life goes wrong at the exact same time and who does she turn to? Her ex high school boyfriend from 10 years ago--Isaac.

Georgia is the type of person who wants to be fiercely independent and make a name for herself, but that's hard to do when your life is falling apart. Isaac, on the other hand, is the type of person who fixes things. From cars to people, he's a generously helpful guy. Doesn't it sound like a match made in heaven? It could be if pride wasn't an issue. These are great characters with a delightful situation, marked with some inklings of swoon and holiday magic.

This novella is adorably cute and as sweet as a Hallmark movie, but I wanted more. I wanted to see their second chance at love unfold in more detail and I wanted to savor it as I savor my delectably smooth and creamy Christmas chocolates. I guess with this one, instead of savoring, I devoured it in one sitting. It was still delicious, just not quite as satisfying as I wanted it to be.

Content: mild romance 

No comments:

Post a Comment