Monday, January 15, 2018

The Sidelined Wife by Jennifer Peel {Review}

The Sidelined Wife (More Than a Wife #1)
by Jennifer Peel

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/37910882-the-sidelined-wife?ac=1&from_search=true


She’s getting back in the game, one blog post at a time.
Samantha Higgins never thought driving her husband’s car would forever change her life. But one conversation later, heard through his Bluetooth, and Samantha is changing her last name. While trying to figure out who Samantha Decker is, she writes what she thinks is one final post on her blog, announcing her divorce. When the post goes viral, she finds herself with a new title, The Sidelined Wife, and an unbelievable following.

To make matters more interesting, her younger brother’s best friend, Reed Cassidy, who was a thorn in Samantha’s adolescent side, moves back to town as the new head football coach for her son’s high school team. Unbeknownst to Samantha, Reed has harbored a crush for his old babysitter all these years. But, Samantha isn’t keen on dating anyone, much less a younger man that used to booby trap her bedroom with firecrackers.

While Samantha is doing her best to learn and even make up some of the rules of single life and being a semi-celebrity, Reed comes in and changes the game. Now Samantha must decide if she should get back on the field or if she prefers the sidelines.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My Review: 5 Stars


I'm in love and I don't care who knows it! I absolutely LOVED Sam and her story! I adore the way Sam is able to use a bit of humor and words to soften her pain and in doing so, support a lot of other women who have gone through something similar. She is a character who isn't going to back down from her choices, even when it might be easier to do so, but is going to stay strong and create a new path for herself and her son. There were some situations that Sam found herself in that would have made me wither and die, but no. She rises up in the face of pain. I love how she finds who she really is.

Sam's relationships are truly what captured my heart in this book. She is so close with those who mean the world to her, even when the ties could be cut, and they're not all selfish relationships. She gives as much as she takes and I honestly felt like I was one of her closest friends. I want to be her best friend! Her family is hilarious and her Mimsy had me rolling on the floor.

As for the romance? This one is a slow burn and that right there, grabbed me. She has a lot of doubts and insecurities, but the chemistry is present and smoldering. There's no rebound relationships for her and I fell for another book boyfriend, right along with Sam. Who could resist the charm and sweetness of Reed?! He is perfection and his ideas of showing her how he feels, especially in the grocery store, set the butterflies a-fluttering.

I could NOT put this book down and had a lump in my throat when all was said and done. Although I was completely satisfied, I need more; I'm not ready to let go of these people yet and it sounds like I won't have to (hint: Book 1). I'm seriously wondering if Jennifer Peel is magic because I feel this way about every single book she writes--I emotionally connect and I do NOT want to let go.

Content: mild language; mild-moderate romance (kissing; talk of infidelity; innuendo; sex talk, but nothing at all graphic).

*I received a copy, which had no influence on my thoughts. All opinions are my own.*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Buy Link:

http://amzn.to/2FCNQHg

No comments:

Post a Comment