Monday, January 8, 2018

Stone Silence by Taylor Dean {Review}

Stone Silence (Sound of Silence #1) by Taylor Dean
Paperback, 264 pages
Published November 1st 2017 by Taylor Dean Books 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36356211-stone-silence?ac=1&from_search=true
Great big beautiful love.

Does it really exist?

Everyone tells me it does. They say, “Spencer Elliott, don’t worry, you’ll find it one day. You just have to find the right man and when you do, it will surprise the heck out of you.”

I’m still waiting for that heck of a surprise to hit. It has proven to be elusive thus far. I’m pretty sure the entire world is lying about love and the joke is on me.

I know I want a man in my heart and in my life. Unfortunately, most men immediately push my OFF button and I lose interest quickly.

Feeling pressure to prove I’m trying to find my soulmate, I finally give in and agree to a date. Huge mistake. Afterward I find myself abandoned in the middle of nowhere, in desperate need of help.

That’s when I meet Stony by chance.

He’s a silent and unsmiling man who intrigues me with his ability to keep going after life has knocked him down. Suddenly the abstract notion of love becomes tangible and within my reach. Once I experience it, I wonder how I ever lived without it.

That’s when I stay with Stony by choice.

But when Stony’s hidden past and present-day reality collide, his silence is broken. And the truth about his life nearly brings me to my knees. I can’t compete with ghosts from the past.

I refuse to fight for a man’s love. He either loves me or he doesn’t. It’s as simple and as complicated as that.

My only hope is . . . he does.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My Review: 5 Stars

I can't stop obsessing about this story and it's fantastically flawed and real characters. Love sometimes comes when it's least expected and that's just what Spencer discovers. A very scary and bad experience ends up being the best thing that ever happened to her.   

Although Spencer is in her late twenties, she's naive in the ways of relationships and love and I adored watching her discover her passion and emotional and romantic connections, especially with someone like Stony. He is like a stone--so hard to read. He has big secrets, a tragic past, and doesn't show emotion, yet there's something there that captivated Spencer...and me, especially with the way he would really talk to her. 

Taylor Dean is a fantastic story teller! The way the story unravels through her words is seriously fantastic. I loved every single minute--the good times, the hard times, and especially the swoony romantic times. I felt that I really got to know these characters--what made them tick, what drove them, what they were passionate about. Who knew that the middle-of-nowhere Texas would steal my heart?! Must read the rest of the series, ASAP, because I've got a serious book hangover.

Content: mild-moderate swoony romance (kissing, some mild innuendo); very mild violence

*I received a copy through eBooks for Review, which had no influence on my thoughts and opinions.* 


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Buy Links:

http://amzn.to/2m0aekU

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you for a lovely review that puts a smile on my face—and that I will go back and reread over and over again whenever I need a little pick-me-up! I love it! Thanks so much, Katie!! So glad you enjoyed Stone Silence!!!

    ReplyDelete