Friday, January 19, 2018

Illegally Wedded by Jennifer Griffith {Review}

Illegally Wedded (A Legally in Love Romance)
by Jennifer Griffith
Kindle Edition, 619 pages
Publication: January 23rd 2018

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/37822368-illegally-wedded
 
He needs a promotion. She needs to stay in the country.
Piper Quinn has a great thing going. She’s young, talented, and the sole chef at Du Jour, San Antonio’s hottest lunch bistro. She and her business partner just have to stay open one year to be eligible for the coveted Texas Star.

Days before eligibility though, Piper gets terrible news: she’s getting deported. To New Zealand. Where her parents have joined a hobbit cult.

Attorney Zach Travis can’t seem to break into the partnership bracket at his big, respected firm—despite his stellar record. Then, Zach hears a rumor his bachelor status may be holding him back, and he needs a wife to advance his career. The girl at the bistro is an intriguing candidate.

As Piper shares her desperate plea for legal help, Zach realizes he can fix both their dilemmas—with a marriage certificate. However, their plan puts them in the cross-hairs of more than one vindictive enemy. Worse, neatly ending their marriage may be tricky due to a sparking chemistry neither Zach nor Piper can ignore.

Illegally Wedded is book 7 in the Legally in Love Collection by clean romantic comedy author Jennifer Griffith. Great fun for fans of Cami Checketts and Jennifer Peel.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My Review: 5 Stars

I always think of marriages of convenience being back in history, when things were arranged because of hard times or situations, but this modern-day arrangement totally made sense and worked! Oh, my...this one definitely worked. And I think this author is really making a name for herself with these modern-day twists.


I think this one is my favorite Jennifer Griffith novel to date. Piper and Zach are great characters and they each need each other in different ways. Zach...wow...he could sure swoon the socks off of any woman. And Piper's loyalty is as strong as her presence in the kitchen. I don't know if I drooled more over the yummy food descriptions or over the swoon. How can two such perfectly matched people who complement each other in indescribable ways end up together on a chance whim?

There is comedy and romance in spades and between the igniting sparks and my desire to know how this was all going to go down, I couldn't stop reading. I woke up twice in the middle of the night and had to read for just "one more chapter." All this drama and deceit felt like a hopelessly fast runaway train, but let me just tell you--it worked and I don't know if my heart is going to recover any time soon.
  
Content: mild+ romance (spicy chemistry, kisses)

*I received a copy, which had no influence on my thoughts and opinions*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Buy Link:

http://amzn.to/2B3lH93
 

No comments:

Post a Comment