Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Interview with Linda Weaver Clarke

Interview with author
Linda Weaver Clarke
in honor of her upcoming release,
coming August 21, 2017 

 

In this swashbuckling romance, a sinister plot has just been uncovered and its up to a former patriot and a young nurse to discover who is behind it. Caroline is engaged to the future mayor of Laketown, a man of influence and greatly respected. But all that changes when she overhears a conspiracy behind closed doors. After being discovered, she runs for her life. Caroline needs to report her findings, but whom can she trust? When she asks Jesse Conover for help, the adventure begins.

1. What inspired this series?


The Rebel Series was inspired by the stories of the American patriots who fought to be free from the dictatorship and tyranny of a king. It’s a theme that is dear to me. Liberty is something that I cherish. It’s a precious gift given to us by those who fought so valiantly. The miracles that happened during that war made me realize that God was watching over us. When I read the stories of the American Revolution, my heart swells with gratitude for those loyal patriots. When I look at our flag and pledge allegiance to it, tears well up in my eyes. When I listen to The Star Spangled Banner or God Bless the U.S.A., I get choked up.

2. How do you choose your character's names?

I did a search online for names that were used during the late 1700s. This gives reality to the story. As for the last names, I tend to go into my ancestry and use one of those. That makes it fun for me because I can imagine that person as my relative. Haha.

3. What was your hardest scene to write?

Since this is a swashbuckling series, I had to do research on sword fighting for The Fox of Cordovia. I watched videos and listened to their instruction as they taught someone how to fight. It was fun and I learned a few secrets. Then I had to put it down in writing.

I had to do this with the first two books, as well. In The Rebels of Cordovia, they have some contests to prove their superiority over another group of rebels. I went to my son-in-law and asked him the techniques of wrestling since he was a wrestler in high school. He taught me some great moves and I used them for a wrestling contest.

In book 2, The Highwayman of Cordovia, the main female character is a champion with the whip. I had to watch and listen to some instruction on different videos and I learned so much. Then I had to describe it in writing.

4. Do you write in order, from beginning to end? Why or why not?

Yes, I do. The story gradually unravels as I write it. After my editor goes through it, then she will tell me to add a scene here or there and describe it in more detail. Sometimes I’ll just say that something happened, but my wonderful editor will put a note at that point and tell me to go into greater detail. So then I will add a scene.

5. What do you need in order to write? A specific time, setting, snack, etc?

A clear mind, no worries, relaxed, good sleep beforehand, no noises. All of that makes a difference. I can’t write if I’m tired and didn’t sleep well. My imagination seems to go wild when I’m well rested.

6. What is your favorite book or character of yours?

All my heroes in this series are rogues with a sense of justice. They help the underdog and fight for the right to be free. They hate injustice and will fight against it with a vengeance. They are chivalrous and will defend a woman’s honor. But at the same time, their feelings run deep for the woman they’re in love with. To choose a favorite character is hard to say because I become close to all of them. As for the ladies, they are strong independent women who don’t sit back and watch. They have an opinion and aren’t afraid to express it.

Linda Weaver Clarke is having a Book Giveaway, which will last until Aug 21st: Every visitor will receive 7 EBOOKS FREE if they preorder the Historical Romance: The Fox of Cordovia. For these promotional giveaways, go to https://lindaweaverclarke.wordpress.com.

The Rebels of Cordovia book trailer




The Highwayman of Cordovia book trailer


No comments:

Post a Comment