Tuesday, April 4, 2017

The Vicar's Daughter by Josi S. Kilpack {Review}


The Vicar's Daughter by Josi S. Kilpack
Paperback, 336 pages
Publication: April 4th 2017 by Shadow Mountain

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/31747187-the-vicar-s-daughter

Cassie, the youngest of six daughters in the Wilton family, is bold, bright, and ready to enter society. There's only one problem: her older sister Lenora, whose extreme shyness prevents her from attending many social events. Lenora is now entering her third season, and since their father has decreed that only one Wilton girl can be out at a time, Cassie has no choice except to wait her turn.

Evan Glenside, a soft-spoken, East London clerk, has just been named his great-uncle's heir and, though he is eager to learn all that will be required of him, he struggles to feel accepted in a new town and in his new position.

A chance meeting between Evan and Lenora promises to change everything, but when Lenora proves too shy to pursue the relationship, Cassie begins to write Mr. Glenside letters in the name of her sister. Her good intentions lead to disaster when Cassie realizes she is falling in love with Evan. But then Evan begins to court Lenora, thinking she is the author of the letters.

As secrets are revealed, the hearts of Cassie, Evan, and Lenora are tested. Will the final letter sent by the vicar's daughter be able to reunite the sisters as well as unite Evan with his true love?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My Review: 5 Stars

What do you do when you're so caught up in a story that you don't want to put it down for anything? You read all day, of course!

Cassie is the youngest daughter of a vicar and isn't allowed to "come out" to society until her older, extremely anxiety-ridden and shy, sister is married off. Cassie has the very best intentions at heart when she secretly writes letters to a potential beau, posing as her sister, but it all backfires in a heart wrenching way.

When my husband and I were first dating, I remember being in the computer lab at school and I was instant messaging him. I had to leave for a minute and my friend took over, pretending to be me. Understandably, he wasn't too happy about that and I could completely see how Evan felt about his whole situation with these two sisters, although his was carried much further.   

I was very caught up in the whole story and felt a part of it from the start. The emotions are very tangibly written--from the attraction, to the flutters of love, to the pain and anguish associated with guilt. If I was caught in a similar situation, I'd want to run and hide, but Cassie does everything she can to repair things and I can't help but to admire her greatly. This book has a very engaging storyline, as well as fantastic characters, and I loved it all!

Content: mild romance; mild moments of innocent deception.

*I received a copy through Netgalley. No favorable review was required and all thoughts are my own.*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Buy Links:

http://amzn.to/2ow9ZBC http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-vicars-daughter-josi-s-kilpack/1124580857?ean=9781629722801

3 comments: