Monday, September 30, 2013

Book Review: A Way Back to You by Emily Gray Clawson



*****--5 Stars.

May 2013, 208 pages
My Source: borrowed from the library

Amazon Description: What would you do if you were given a second chance?
Annabelle, whom nearly everyone calls Anne, has been stuck in the past for two years. Numbed by grief over her husband's unexpected death and overwhelmed with the responsibility of raising their three young children alone, Anne agrees to let a friend take the kids for the weekend while she tries to get some much-needed rest at her parent's home.
But when Anne wakes up the next morning, she is suddenly sixteen again. And it just happens to be the worst day she spent as a teenager.
High school the second time around brings unforeseen changes and frustrations, but remembering that her future husband, Mitch, has just returned from a mission and is living on the other side of town gives Anne hope. Getting Mitch's attention (for the second time) is more complicated than she could have imagined, but Anne discovers she is stronger than she believed possible—and there just might be a future for her after all.

My Review: I thought the premise of this book sounded very intriguing. Who hasn't thought about the decisions and choices they've made and wondered what life would be like if different paths were taken? I know I've wondered that. Especially with some big decisions. What if I had gone to a different college, like I was seriously thinking about? Would I have still met my husband? What if I would have been more confident in high school and had made different friends. Would I be where I am now and who I am? I believe our experiences in life shape us and changes to those things could possibly change who were are.

I could totally relate to Anne. Not only are we the same age, but I sometimes feel overwhelmed with life too. I'm not grieving for the loss of my husband, but the day to day feelings with a household and kids felt familiar. I LOVED how she took her knowledge from now and try to make a difference to her life as a teen. Isn't that how it is? Hindsight is always 20/20 and knowing what I do know about life would certainly change some ways I would have dealt with things back then.

I loved the relationships Anne was able to build and fix. I even loved how she tried so hard to find Mitch back then. I am also a believer that timing is everything--Mitch was the right guy, but the timing was all wrong.

This book was great!! I love how things connected and the lessons that Anne learned along the way. I wish the story would have gone on and on, which is the sign of a great book to me.

Content: clean!!

To check it out, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment