Monday, February 22, 2021

My After-School Tutor (Sweet Mountain High: Year Two #1) by Randi Rigby {Review}

My After-School Tutor (Sweet Mountain High: Year Two #1) by Randi Rigby

Kindle Edition, 157 pages
Published December 1st 2020 by Sweet Heart Books 
Source: Kindle Unlimited
 
 
 
Wanting to be someone's first choice is never enough...

Milla

It's like the universe dumped on me from day one. It wasn't enough that I had to put up with having Jasmine--a walking, talking, breathing Barbie doll--for a sister.

"Let's make Milla short, so she'll ALWAYS have to look up to her as well."

Fine. I'd never wanted anything of hers anyway.
Until a certain blue-eyed boy crossed my path, that is.
And he fell head over heels.
For my sister.
Of course he did.
How can I help Zayn with his studies and still escape with my heart intact?

Zayn

Getting a scholarship to play college football had been my dream since I first learned to throw a spiral as a kid. And I had the talent. Just not the grades. College programs expected their quarterbacks to not only pass their classes, but to do so by a comfortable margin. That was a skill set I needed to work on.

Maybe I needed more help than I thought.
I had an online tutor who wouldn't tell me who she was.
An ex-girlfriend I couldn't shake.
And the new girl, Milla, really didn't like me--everybody liked me. I'm a likable guy.

Whatever. I could take a hit. I'd just rather be run over by a charging defensive lineman than get on the wrong side of Milla Kent. Which I somehow managed to do. Girls.
Forget math. I needed a tutor for the opposite sex.
 
   

 
My Review: 4 Stars
 
I loved high school. That doesn't mean I would want to go back, but I have good memories and this series transports me back to my past. I don't know a lot about football, but I loved going to the games and cheering my school on and in this first book of the new year at Sweet Mountain High, Milla becomes an assistant to the team and takes her job seriously. It would be hard to be a new student for your senior year, and I loved watching Milla figure her life out and thrive in her new environment.

Zayn doesn't make a good first impression, but his charm, animation, and sincerity made him grow on me very quickly. I loved how opposite they were from each other, yet how likable they both were. The tutor angle was a tiny bit strange, since it was anonymous, but that's kind of what made it so enjoyable. I liked the way Rigby switches back and forth between points of view and really gets into the characters heads.

If a cute high school romance is your cup of tea, be sure to check out this book and this series!

Content: mild romance; very mild violence (sports related)

No comments:

Post a Comment