Thursday, December 26, 2013

Home for Christmas by Kristin Holt

November 2013, 108 pages. My Rating: 3 1/2 Stars
Blurb:
Miranda sneaks home after a long absence, determined to avoid her former fiance. But Hunter wants far more than his old role as brother-in-law-to-be. Abundant Christmas spirit, matchmaking mothers, and hometown holiday celebrations conspire against Miranda's plans for a quiet, at-home Christmas. Her heart doesn't stand a chance.

My Review:
Miranda was still dealing with a broken heart after her fiance jilted her hours before the wedding. When she finally goes home for the holidays after years away, she realizes that it's probably more her pride that's hurting, than her heart. I wonder how many times that's really the case in situations like this. Time heals the heart, but pride takes much longer to get over.

I love the Christmas stories that deal with forgiveness and love. I loved that Miranda spent that time with her family again and made amends so that she could move on in life.

Hunter was very persistent in his pursuit of Miranda, yet it seems that their relationship was a little sudden and kind of awkward for me. Maybe I somehow missed the blossom. The awkwardness stems back to that pride. Falling for your ex-fiance's brother couldn't be anything but uncomfortable. Yet, all was handled gracefully.

Content: clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment