Tuesday, October 13, 2020

My Second Chance (Ridgewater High #4) by Judy Corry {Review}

 













My Second Chance (Ridgewater High #4) by Judy Corry

Kindle Edition, 276 pages
Published October 12th 2018 
 
     
 
They broke the rules. He broke her heart. Does their love deserve a second chance?

Sixteen-year-old Juliette Cardini has been keeping a secret for months. Before she went to her semester abroad in Paris, she dated her best friend's older brother, Easton Stevens. What had started as a whirlwind romance filled with forbidden meetings, came to a crashing halt when they crossed a line together that neither of them could return from.

Now she's back in Ridgewater and has to face everyone she left behind. But there's one more secret she is afraid for anyone to discover. She's pregnant. And Easton is the father.

But she has a plan: go to her grandma's house in Buffalo for the next few months. Keep the baby a secret. No one will ever have to know. But when Juliette sees signs that Easton might want a second chance, she wonders if keeping everything to herself is the best choice.

Can a relationship built on such a rocky foundation have a chance at a happy ending? And what will Easton do if Juliette's secret comes out?

MY SECOND CHANCE is a standalone novel in The Ridgewater High series, a collection of simmering YA contemporary romances. If you like sweet romance with ballad-worthy chemistry, swoony kisses and endearing characters then you'll love Judy Corry's latest book.

**This is a clean romance with a positive message.
 
My Review: 4.5 Stars
 
This was a hard book for me to rate. On one hand, I absolutely loved it and the message it sent, but on the other hand, it was a tough topic to read about (or listen to, in my case). After listening to Book 1 in the series, I grabbed the others and this was the next one in line. I listened to the whole thing in less than a day because I just couldn't let it go. In some ways, it was like passing a car accident, all messy and concerning, but in other ways, it simply had a strong grasp on my emotions that just wouldn't release. I couldn't fathom what Juliette and Easton were going through and I could not imagine how things could possible resolve. I was more than invested in their lives for a time and I'm not mad about it.
 
Everyone makes mistakes in their lives--some just have more lasting consequences than others. The positive messages and vibes in this book were so encouraging, especially with the romantic tension oozing off the pages. One accident doesn't mean the game is over and lessons can be learned moving forward. I utterly loved these characters!

Corry does a fantastic job of tackling a modern, sensitive topic and portraying some pretty accurate emotions and reactions. Juliette and Easton are fantastic characters and I was riveted to their story.  
 
Content: moderate romance (kissing, teen pregnancy) 

No comments:

Post a Comment