Thursday, June 11, 2020

The Match by Sarah Adams {Review}

The Match by Sarah Adams
Kindle Edition, 282 pages
Published May 30th 2020 
Source: Kindle Unlimited
 
 https://amzn.to/3hgxWW8   
 
Having worked for Southern Service Paws for a few years now, I like to think I’m prepared for just about any client meeting under the sun. I am dead wrong.

The day I meet with single dad, Jacob Broaden, about potentially matching his daughter with one of our service dogs, I learn a few valuable lessons.

1) Always set my alarm clock.
2) Single dads are way hotter than I previously thought.
3) It is possible to go from fantasizing about kissing someone to wishing they would be run over by a truck in a matter of two minutes.

Unfortunately, I don’t hold that opinion of him for very long. Not when he shows me a different side of himself—one that’s sweet as maple syrup and hot as apple pie fresh out of the oven.

Too bad this guy is so far out of my league that I shouldn’t even be allowed to enter the game. Jake doesn’t seem to get that memo though. And after a few days of working closely with him and his daughter, he starts looking at me with fire in his eyes, making me dream of something I probably shouldn’t…

A family.

"The Match is a feel-good romantic comedy! Perfect for readers who enjoy a sizzling romance without explicit content."
 
My Review: 5 Stars
 
Have you ever met someone and instantly felt a BFF connection? That's how I feel about this book. It's like it was written just for me since I connected to it so well. The dialogue, descriptions, and humor settled right into my heart and soul and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect story. 
  
Life is hard right now and I just want a book to sweep me away and distract me, and while this book did just that, it also had some depth and allowed me to experience intense joy, sadness, fear, and the most exquisite, swoony romance ever. I also laughed soooo much. Jake is coming off a bad divorce and Evie is trying to escape the clutches of her super rich and snooty parents. Their first meeting was quite hilarious and the comedic tone for this book was set.
 
Alternating points-of-view drew me right into the minds of these wonderful characters and gave me glimpses into their thoughts and feelings. I couldn't get enough of this story and of Jake and Evie. And everyone needs a Jo in their lives. I wanted to keep basking in the book all summer long. True perfection from start to finish.    

Content: mild+ romance (swoony, steamy clean, some innuendo)

No comments:

Post a Comment