Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Love and Second Chances (Belfast Series Book 2) by Shannon Guymon {Revview}

Love and Second Chances (Belfast Series Book 2) by Shannon Guymon
Kindle Edition, 249 pages
Published November 11th 2019 
 
 https://amzn.to/37sQbT8    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/48637279-love-and-second-chances
 
Donovan needs a distraction and Charlie needs a reason to believe in love again – will these two ever figure out that the best recipe for romance begins with two people and a little faith?

Charlie Walsh is running from her toxic past and desperate for a new start in Belfast, Maine. Following Riley's example of reaching for the stars, Charlie wants to open her own Bed & Breakfast. One problem: Riley and Mac break up, leaving Charlie holding the bag on her fixer upper. She has to figure out how to get those two back together, but in the meantime . . . Donovan Fitzpatrick is turning out to be quite the distraction!

Will Crystal break up this new love before it even has a chance to get started? Or will Charlie and Donovan let go of their pasts, and hang on to what matters most? Each other.

A full length romance novel with a Happily Ever After that’ll make your mouth water.
Book 2 in the Belfast Series continues the story of Riley and Mac and their story from Love and Karma, Book 1.  
 
My Review: 3.5 Stars
 
I love a good small town romance series! The characters are always heartwarming, and somewhat quirky, and the town has all the nostalgic feels that make me want to go back to simpler times. Of course, no town is perfect, but I'm beginning to see that Belfast is one of those small towns that is completely riddled with drama. 

Maine is a place that I would love to visit someday, but definitely not in winter, if it's anything like the book describes. Cold, cold, and more cold.  I was so excited to warm up with a great romance and loved the moments between Charlie and Donovan, but I wished it would've just focused on them. Personally, I prefer my small town romance series to highlight one couple per book, so that I can dive into each couple's lives more fully, which allows me to bond with them. This story meddled in the lives of three couples and not one of them was without a whole luggage set overflowingly stuffed with baggage. I know there has to be conflict to propel a story forward, but there was a lot more than I wanted and I felt like I had whiplash from all the back and forth emotions.

Now that all that's out of the way, I did enjoy learning more about the dynamics of the residents of Belfast better. I loved the food description, especially the hot chocolate, the loyal friendships, and I did enjoy the way Charlie and Donovan both met and grew together. There was definitely some chemistry between them that defrosted the icy chill in the Maine air.

I'm crossing my fingers that the next installment will zoom in on one couple and allow me to selfishly enjoy their path to true love. :)

Content: mild romance; a lot of mean-girl drama and emotional abuse; very mild language

1 comment: