Friday, August 16, 2019

27 Ways to Find a Boyfriend by Shari L. Tapscott {Review}

27 Ways to Find a Boyfriend by Shari L. Tapscott
Kindle Edition, 268 pages
Published June 17th 2019 
Source: Kindle Unlimited
 
 https://amzn.to/2KBJSlG    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/44816799-27-ways-to-find-a-boyfriend
 
If at first you don't succeed, keep going down the list...

Addison:
I need you to know I’m not pathetic. A little desperate, sure. But not pathetic. And mostly I agreed to Jessa’s insane boyfriend-finding list idea because Carter was looking at me like it was the stupidest idea known to man, and I wanted to irk him.

Carter:
Jessa’s guy-finding list is the stupidest idea known to man. The only reason Addison doesn’t have a boyfriend is because she’s the boss’s daughter, and none of the guys in our shop want to be fired.

Addison:
Maybe if he hadn’t kissed me last weekend, I wouldn’t be thinking about him constantly. See there? This is his fault. If I need to use a list to find someone who will get him out of my head, then so be it.

Carter:
Maybe if I hadn’t kissed her last weekend, the list wouldn’t bother me so much, but now I can’t get her out of my head. So I’m going to do the only thing a sane guy would do in my position. I’m going to sabotage the experiment…


Author’s note: 27 Ways to Find a Boyfriend is a steamy-clean adult romantic comedy with all the sizzle but no sex.
 
My Review: 5 Stars
 
Steamy clean romantic comedies are my favorite and guess what? I've found a new-to-me author who writes them! I laughed; I swooned; and I wished on a star that things would work out just the way I wanted them to. And guess what again? There were a few twists that I didn't expect, which made it all the more fun to read.

Addison is finally ready to find someone after her best friend, Jessa, gets married and produces a list of ways to find a man. Of course, Jessa's brother, Carter, thinks it's stupid, but things start getting pretty interesting when he takes a vested interest in the items on said list.

The family dynamics were both fun and heartbreaking, but it was the sizzling sparks that caught my heart on fire. I loved the alternating points of view and eagerly awaited each switch to see what the other one was thinking. And I loved all the car stuff!
 
This is just the kind of book that I could visualize as a movie playing out in my mind while I was reading it. I adored every single character and loved the way everything was woven together to make a deliciously beautiful story that made me laugh out loud multiple times. You can bet your bottom dollar that I'm clearing my calendar for the day when the next book is released. 

Content: mild+ steamy clean romance (kissing, some innuendo)

No comments:

Post a Comment