Friday, May 13, 2016

First Line Friday

First Line Friday is hosted by Bookworm Nation.
This fun meme is easy to do. 
Simply pick up the book you're currently reading and share the very first line! 
There are some really good first lines out there. 
They grab you and suck you right into the story and
make you want to keep reading. 
So, my selection for this week is: 
 Born to Treason by E.B. Wheeler

I, Joan Pryce, was born to treason.

Joan Pryce is not only a Catholic during the English Reformation—she’s also Welsh, and she comes from a family of proud revolutionaries. But when a small act of defiance entangles her in a deadly conspiracy, a single misstep may lead her straight to the gallows. Now, Joan must navigate a twisting path that could cost her life, her freedom, and her chance at love.

4 comments:

  1. I love finding awesome first lines and this is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally spaced getting my post done! I think I'll just add my First Line in the comments this week... ;) Hehe.

    I'm reading Change of Heart by Jennifer Moore.

    First Line:

    "Nathaniel ignored the buzzing in his pocket and gazed across the park where the morning sun shimmered on the waves in the harbor."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED that book, KJ! Great choice. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete