Friday, April 26, 2013

Review: Thought I Knew You by Katie Moretti

Claire is stunned when her husband never comes home from a business trip. After a day or so, she starts calling around--the airport, the police, the hotel. He's just disappeared. Months later, he's still gone and Claire's still trying to find answers.

Honestly, I didn't finish it because I was about 1/3 of the way through when I realized that this isn't the book for me. The premise had me picking it up--my husband travels a lot and what would I do if something like this happened to me? I like suspenseful books. It was interesting and the writing flowed well, but I'm not into a lot of the other content. If you happen to enjoy strong language (4 "f" words by the time I put it down), a woman who seems to get drunk all the time, is very selfish, and engages in some intimate acts (that had me skipping a page or two when it started to get descriptive) while she still may be married, then by all means, this is a book for you. If not, I'd recommend passing this one by.


* 1 star.

No comments:

Post a Comment