Tuesday, January 1, 2019

The Best of 2018


I barely made my goal of 225 books for 2018! Like, barely (by literal hours). This past year brought :
  • 7 amazing trips
  • a new job
  • a new volunteer position in my church
  • a lot of family time
  • a renewed focus on health
  • some happy times (time spent with my family, reading time, time spent with friends, book events)
  • some hard/sad times (the loss of our cat, the loss of a close family friend)
Here are some of the bright spots in my reading year! Of course, it's always hard to choose favorites. What are some of your top reads from 2018? Have you read any of my picks? Do you have any suggestions for me for 2019?

  
  
  
 

Happy Reading!

11 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed My Sister's Intended. Have you read The Fall of Lord Drayson by the same author?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read a half dozen of those give or take. And I have a few more on my tbr list. So many books. So little time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!! I could definitely use a lot more time to read. :)

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed Four Days of Christmas by Emma St. Clair. It is a sweet and clean holiday romance. She has become one of my favorite authors. She can take a trite storyline and make it something special. There is usually a strong moral message or a faith message and sometimes even faith-filled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! And wow, those covers are pretty too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm dying over some of these covers too. :)

      Delete
  5. Great books, I read 13 of them. Awesome 225 books!! I've got to start keeping track of mine on goodreads!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!!! Jackie, you need to keep track of them. :) I hope you loved those 13 of them like I did.

      Delete
  6. I just missed my goal of 100 books for 2018. Congrats on 225! Have you read Emma St. Clair? I absolutely love her Billionaire Surprise series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's great to get just under 100 books read! Good job!! And thanks for the recommendation. :)

      Delete